How to Download and Install the FREE Google Pack
We have been preaching for a long time that there is no such thing as a free lunch on the Internet, and that everything has a cost - even if it appears to be free. We may have found the exception to the rule in Google's Pack of essential PC Software. The "Google Pack" is a bundle of free PC software that has been assembled by Google and certified safe for your PC.
When you download and install the Google Pack you get the following:
- Google Earth - Tour the world from a satellite's point of view. Zoom in to street level!
- Picasa Photo Organizer - Find, edit, and share your photos in seconds
- Photo Screensaver - Enjoy photos from your personal collection
- Google Desktop - Find all your email, files, web history, and more
- Google Toolbar - Search from any web page and autofill forms
- Mozilla Firefox - Browse the web quickly and securely
- Lavasoft's AdAware - Safely detect and remove spyware
- Acrobat Reader 7 - View, print, and search PDF files
- Norton Antivirus 2005 - Protect your PC from viruses, worms and Trojan horses (6 month subscription!)
All of this software is recommended by Google and Schrock Innovations to keep your PC healthy, fun, and entertaining! Downloading this treasure trove of FREE software is easy, but may take some tie depending on your internet connection. High-speed users expect to spend about 5 minutes on the download and dial-up users block off about an hour. To download and install the FREE Google Pack of Essential Software for your PC, follow the directions below!
- Click on the button on the right to begin the Google Pack download process.
- A new web page will now open. Click on the "Download Goggle Pack" button.
- Another page will open. Scroll to the bottom and click the "Agree and Download" button
- When the new page opens, a security bar will appear at the top of your screen. Left click on the bar and then left click on "Download File"
- A box will appear. Click on "Run"
- A second box will appear. Click on "Run" again.
- The download process will now begin. The Google Pack will download any of the above applications that you do not already have.
That's all there is to it! You can follow the Google Pack's download process in the window as it downloads and installs each application. It is important that you do not interrupt the process!