Everyone knows that computers need maintenance to continue working properly over time. The problem is that many people either don’t have the time or the technical knowledge to properly maintain their computers.
To address this situation, Schrock Innovations created a service we called the PC Maintenance Checkup.
During the Maintenance Checkup, Schrock Innovations does all of the basic maintenance tasks that every computer user should be doing like defragging and scanning their hard drives, downloading Windows Updates, and removing unnecessary files from the hard drive (Vista users be careful with disk cleanup).
But in addition to the standard maintenance tasks, we also do some additional work that most home users do not have the capacity or desire to do. For example, during the Maintenance Checkup Schrock Innovations:
- Scans your computer’s memory (Vital for Vista & Windows 7 users)
- Blows dust and debris out of cooling fans
- Checks fan rotation speeds and cooling effectiveness
- Inspect your motherboard’s capacitors
- Test your power supply
- Ensures your installed Antivirus is effective and updated
- Test all drives
- Checks hard drive for masked bad sectors
- Cleans computer exterior if needed
- Repairs errors in the Windows Registry
- Performs an advanced hard drive cleaning
- Installs critical system support software
- Scans for and removes malware
- Scans for viruses and Trojans
The Maintenance Checkup costs $79.99 and typically takes a day to two days to complete in our Lincoln, Omaha, or Papillion Service Centers.
When you bring in your tower we do not need any cords or accessories, unless you are having problems with them you would like us to address.
If you are bringing in a laptop, please bring your power cord with you.
Click here to find the Schrock Service Center closest to you!